WHERE MY CHICKEN LOVERS AT?
I know, the chicken recipes are kinda scarce around here these days because I eat plant-based but lucky for you babes, my fam doesn’t!
Here’s an easy & simple recipe to make that requires minimal ingredients & super versatile so they’re great #mealprep ideas if you know you’ll have a busier week & won’t have time to make lunch/dinner!
This one’s busting with Asian flavour but guess what… it contains NO SOY! Y’all know I don’t consume processed soy & I’m very selective about the soy I choose to eat – it always has to be organic, non-GMO, unprocessed & I don’t eat it everyday!
To season this, I used Naked Coconuts coconut aminos, a soy-free alternative to soy sauce that’s 70% lower in sodium, delicious, sugar-free, won’t cause digestive upset & that’s full of beneficial enzymes, good for the heart & blood pressure & won’t make you miss soy sauce one bit! We haven’t used soy sauce in our kitchen in 2 years because of this!
Use it in tacos, pita pockets, lettuce wraps, salads, bowls, stew, soup or stir fry or eat it as is!
- 1 package extra-lean ground chicken (you can also use turkey or beef)
- 2 small white onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 huge tbsp. dried parsley
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & add the avocado oil.
- Once heated, add the onions & garlic & sauté for about 5-6 minutes until fragrant & beginning to brown.
- Add the chicken & break it apart with a wooden spoon. Once the chicken is broken apart, add the seasonings.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 10-12 minutes until onions are translucent & chicken is cooked through & no longer pink!
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!