My patience level RE: slicing this scrumptious chocolate chip vegan protein banana bread = ZERO. How excited are you for this one?!
Yes, it’s a best of both worlds sitch: you get healthy banana bread & a chocolate fix BUT YOU ALSO GET EXTRA PROTEIN… how much do you love me?
Free from gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, soy & refined sugar (& low in natural sugar), this banana bread is YOUR DREAM COME TRUE!Full of chocolatey banana-y coconut-y deliciousness, easy & simple to whip up, no mixer necessary & the best part is it’s LOADED with protein because y’all know I’m about that life! It’s also full of fibre, antioxidants, promotes healthy digestion & gut health, rich in potassium, B vitamins, magnesium & vitamin C, so you can be sure it won’t just satisfy your tastebuds but also your health!
I used millet flour but you can use any GF flour (quinoa, oat, buckwheat, brown rice). Millet is great for heart health, lowers bad cholesterol, detoxifies the body, prevents diabetes & certain types of cancer, reduces blood pressure & optimizes kidney, liver & immune system health. It contains lots of B vitamins, magnesium & antioxidants!
It’s chocolatey, rich, indulgent, comforting, crumbly on the outside & moist & chewy on the inside & so easy to make! Serve it as is or drizzle with nut butter, cinnamon & berries for breaky, snack or dessert!
- 3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup millet flour OR other gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup vegan protein
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Add bananas & coconut oil to your blender & blend until smooth (don’t overblend!).
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the other ingredients to a large bowl & pour in the banana/coconut oil mixture.
- Mix until combined & no flour is left.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then pour the batter into the loaf pan. Flatten the top with a spatula & drizzle with more chocolate chips if you want!
- Bake for 43-45 minutes until top is browned & crispy & a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing. Enjoy! 🙂