On a hella smoothie kick these days & I mean, do you blame me when they look like this?! This one’s actually fruit-free, made with raw cacao, fresh brewed coffee, steamed then frozen cauliflower, maca & hemp protein!
The secret ingredient? Steamed then frozen cauliflower! It does WONDERS & I mean, WONDERS for texture & thickness & provides an amazing source of fibre, antioxidants, gut health benefits & tons of vitamins & minerals.
Plus, it’s a great way to cut back on sugar! Other veggies that I like to steam & freeze for smoothies are broccoli, zucchini, butternut squash or sweet potato! Steaming them first makes them a bit easier on the digestive system so it’s definitely worth the extra few minutes!
This baby is delicious, creamy, naturally sweet, chocolatey, rich & tastes almost like a milkshake!!! 🥛 I topped it off with Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts & One Degree Organics vanilla chia sprouted granola!
- 1.5 cups steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp. gelatinized maca powder
- 2 tsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 serving unsweetened hemp protein powder
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Add toppings & enjoy!!