Okay, I’m not kidding when I say you need to stop EVERYTHING you are doing RN & make these bars!
They’re just the right balance between crispy, crunchy, soft & chewy & they’re full of nutty chocolatey deliciousness! They’re also so easy to make & get this… you don’t even need to bake them! Just refrigerate, let them firm & slice!
The actual ingredients in most cereal bars aren’t the best; the cocoa puff cereal bars contain GMO-corn syrup & corn meal, canola oil, caramel colour, brown sugar syrup, natural flavour, synthetic vitamins & minerals, white refined sugar, fructose, maltodextrin, modified wheat starch, table salt & soy lecithin… YET, they’re still marketed as “no high fructose corn syrup, no calories from artificial sources & no artificial flavours & 150 calories”. Horrible, right?
These babies are made with the cleanest REAL FOOD ingredients & take my word, you won’t be compromising flavour! TRY ME!
I also dosed these babies up with Vital Proteins collagen for beauty benefits, gut health, energy, muscle repair & growth, digestion, amino acids & protein!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 scoop Vital Proteins vanilla coconut collagen peptides OR any protein powder of choice
- 2 cups One Degree sprouted cacao cereal OR brown rice crisps
- Melt the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup & vanilla. Once melted, add the sea salt & collagen & mix until combined.
- Fold in the cacao cereal.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper & press the batter into the pan, using a spatula to flatten the top. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to firm up.
- Slice & enjoy!