What’s the deal with spirulina, you ask?
- it’s a blue-green algae & freshwater plant with tons of health benefits
- detoxes heavy metals (especially arsenic)
- eliminates candida, leaky gut & helps solve certain gut health & digestive issues by promoting the growth of healthy bacterial flora in the intestines
- boosts the body’s anti-microbial & anti-fungal abilities
- increases production of antibodies & other cells that improve immunity & help ward off chronic disease
- lowers blood pressure & reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome (one of the main causes of preventable disease today)
- reduces cholesterol
- lowers chance of stroke
- boosts energy & unlocks sugar from our cells, boosting metabolic energy
- alleviates sinus issues & reduces inflammation in the body
- improves memory, reduces oxidative stress & boosts antioxidant enzyme activity
- offers neuro-protection
The main event in this smoothie is spirulina, if you hadn’t already guessed! But it’s also loaded with tons of other goodness from greens to veggies to hemp protein to milk thistle, phytoplankton, maca & berries for days!
- Huge handful spinach
- Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 serving unsweetened hemp protein powder (or any other protein powder of choice)
- Few chunks steamed then frozen cauli
- 1 dropper of Holizen Lab liver protect milk thistle supplement
- 1 dropper Marine phytoplankton
- 1 tsp. gelatinized maca
- 1 tsp. organic spirulina
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Add berries & Ceylon cinnamon as toppings & enjoy!