Busy studying? Long day at work? Life hitting you hard these days? That doesn’t mean you need to skimp on your self-care.
To me, nourishing my body with wholesome real food is a form of self-care because it makes me feel good, digests easily, keeps me focused & full of energy, satisfies me so I’m not constantly snacking, prevents binges after long bouts of forgetting to eat & prevents brain fog!
Here’s a really simple lunch or dinner recipe that takes hardly any time to prepare; I made it for my sis to keep her fuelled up for studying! All you need? Veggies, avocado, your choice of protein & a simple dressing & you’re good to go.
If you don’t have any protein prepped like chicken or fish, opt for a can of low sodium beans or legumes, marinated tofu or tempeh, organic wild tuna or boiled eggs! There’s always a solution.
- 1 small avocado
- Cooked protein of choice (we used pan-seared chicken strips)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 large carrot
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 pear or apple for sweetness
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2-1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, then pour it over the veggies & toss!