This VEGAN GREEN LENTIL CHILI is on fire!!! I’m beyond excited to share this recipe with you guys! It’s the most perfect quick, nutritious & comforting lunch or dinner recipe that you can whip up in as little as 15 minutes!
What’s EVEN better is that you can customize it to your liking super easily! Not into lentils? No problem! Substitute them for your fave bean or legume or make this recipe your way by adding ground beef, chicken or turkey!
The secret? THE SPICES!
I served it with a side of Mary’s GF crackers for some crunch, nutritional yeast & some mashed avocado!
- 1.5 cups cooked (pre-soaked) lentils (or organic low-sodium lentils, chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans)
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 10 radish, diced
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 2 cups organic canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- To soak the lentils, soak them in water & sea salt for at least 4hrs. 8 is best. Rinse & drain.
- Cook the lentils according to package directions or use canned lentils/legumes/beans of your choice. Make sure to get low-sodium ones with no preservatives.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat & add the avocado oil.
- Once heated, add the cabbage, bel pepper, garlic, onion & radish & sauté for about 5 minutes until veggies have softened a bit.
- Add the canned tomatoes & spices & sauté for 2-3 minutes to combine it all.
- Add in the lentils/legumes/beans of choice & lower the heat to medium-low. Let it all heat up for a minute or two.
- Remove from the heat, add toppings of choice & enjoy!