Since sweet potato is sweet, it works well with both sweet & savoury toppings, so you can use anything from jam, apple butter, nut/seed spreads, avocado, hummus, coconut yogurt, salsa, sour cream, tzatziki, kimchi, fermented veggies, cheese, fruit, cinnamon, sprouts, crunchy veggies etc!
It’s best made on the spot so the potato is warm & crispy & it’s so easy, it only takes about 10-12 minutes!
- 1 small sweet potato, sliced lengthwise into “toasts”
- Toppings of choice; I used avocado, sprouts & vegan Parmesan, chipotle kimchi & more sprouts & creamy almond butter, banana & bee pollen.
- Place the sweet potato slices in your toaster or toaster oven (I used my Breville Smart Oven) & toast for maximum time. Once they pop/they’re ready, flip them over & toast again!
- If you’re using a toaster oven, broil them on high for 2 minutes to get them extra crispy.
- Remove from oven/toaster, add toppings & enjoy!