Butternut squash is one of my fave veggies to prep come cold weather! There’s something about it that’s so warm & comforting!
It has tons of fibre so it’s great for digestion & heart health, helps lower blood sugar & can even curb sugar cravings because of its naturally sweet flavour.
It also contains potassium, a vital mineral & electrolyte for bone health & regulating blood pressures, as well as antioxidants, vitamin C & B vitamins necessary for the nervous & immune system!
This recipe calls for delicious, savoury & smoky spices, apple cider vinegar to bring it all together (& add an extra dose of health) & the perfect ROAST & BOOM.
Enjoy it as is, as a side dish, tossed into salads or bowls or blend it up & make a butternut squash Mac & cheese sauce (check my blog for a recipe!)!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the squash & seasonings to the bowl & toss to coat.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet & roast for 35 minutes.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 2 minutes but watch closely so they don’t burn!