Don’t judge a book by its cover! It may be green but it’s loaded with strawberries & beautifully pink pitaya fruit! I was at the grocery store the other day & I spotted it & had to do a double take! It’s been so long since I last had it (the last time was years ago in Israel) so I just had to have it!
Of course, being me, I was curious about the health benefits & here are a few that stand out:
- full of antioxidants, flavonoids & vitamin C so it’s great for boosting immunity (has more vitamin c than carrots gram for gram) & rich in B vitamins, calcium, iron, protein, niacin & fibre
- helps digestion due to fibre & oligosaccharide content (prebiotics that nourish the healthy bacteria already living in the gut & reduces the risk of common chronic diseases)
- helps stabilize blood sugar levels & prevents spikes after eating high glycemic foods
- has cholesterol lowering properties & a good source of monounsaturated fats that are good for the heart (the black seeds in dragon fruit deliver omega 3&6 fatty acids)
- amazing for keeping skin looking young, right & firm!
- Huge handful spinach
- 1 scoop vegan protein
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. gelatinized maca
- 1/2 cup pitaya fruit
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- Few chunks steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 & 1/4 cup filtered water
- Ceylon cinnamon
Blend, add toppings & enjoy!!!!