Coffee, chocolate, banana & greens? YAS. THIS SMOOTHIE IS A ONE STOP SHOP!
A double sweat sesh this AM called for a hella packed smoothie with all the goods & you can be sure I nailed it with this babe!
Not only did I dose it up with hemp protein but I also added in some hormone-balancing, energizing & stress-reducing maca, raw cacao for iron, magnesium, antioxidants & CHOCOLATE & I threw in frozen banana for texture & natural sweetness & zucchini to thicken this babe up, cut back on sugar & add fibre & rehydration for my body & skin!
PRO TIP: If you decide to steam veggies like zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli or butternut squash for smoothies, make sure to let them cool completely before freezing them on a plate or baking sheet to prevent them from clumping into one big chunk when frozen. Once they’re frozen, you can put them in a container or ziploc to preserve freshness!
- 1/2 cup homemade hemp milk
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 cup steamed then frozen zucchini
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 tsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. maca powder (gelatinized for less starch & better digestion/absorption)
- 1 tsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1 serving unsweetened hemp protein (or other protein of choice)
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- Toppings: Granola & hemp hearts
TO MAKE: Add all the ingredients to your blender, blend until creamy & combined, add toppers & enjoy!