OHMYGOODNESS! I knew sweet potato was sweet (duh) but I never knew it could taste just like candy! Seriously… this recipe is on another level of delish & I bet you’ve never tasted sweet potato seasoned THIS well! Try me!
Sweet potato is such an amazing source of good carbs, antioxidants, vitamin C & fibre! It’s amazing for digestion, skin & regulating blood sugar levels & a great way to kick sugar cravings to the curb! When you season it with antioxidant-rich naturally sweet pure maple syrup, anti-inflammatory cayenne & cinnamon, lemon & apple cider for detoxification, digestion & pH balance, you’ve got a hella perfect mix!
Enjoy these as a side dish, munch on them as a snack, add them to sandwiches or wraps, throw them into bowls or salads or roast them a little while longer & eat ‘em as chips!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced thinly & halved
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup (BTW, did you know the darker the syrup, the richer in antioxidants?)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil for a heartier dish!
- Preheat oven to 425F & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & season. Toss to coat. You can add a touch more maple syrup if you want them sweeter/depending the size of your potatoes but I found 2 tbsp. to be perfect!
- Place the potato halves on on the baking sheets, trying your best not to pile them & roast for 30-35 minutes until tops are caramelized, browned & crispy.
- FOR CHIPS: I’d add an extra 5 & then broil for 2-3 minutes but watch closely!
- Remove from the oven, let cool & enjoy!