Today’s lunch was FIRE!
I made Mediterranean eggplant pizzas & had ‘em with a side of 1/2 an avocado stuffed with some turmeric cauliflower rice!
Easy to make, full of fibre, filling, satisfying, delicious, nutritious & a great low-carb option to traditional pizza crust!
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- A. Vogel Herbamare sea salt & dried herbs
- 2 tbsp. oil-free homemade hummus
- 2 tbsp. Neal Brothers organic salsa OR tomato sauce
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, grilled red peppers or other veggie toppings of choice
- Nutritional yeast & black pepper
- 1/2 avocado with stuffing of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the eggplant on the baking sheet & drizzle with sea salt.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until tops look wrinkled-ish but still crispy. Broil on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the eggplant crusts from the oven. Spread the hummus & salsa & add toppings.
- Serve with 1/2 avocado on the side & enjoy! (P.S. if your eggplant is too soft, you can also just roll it up into a “wrap” !)