I don’t think I ever prepared any overnight oats recipe that screams fall as much as this one!
It’s rich, comforting, creamy, thick, naturally sweet, loaded with fibre, good carbs, healthy fats & plant protein so it’s filling & super satisfying!
I topped them with some Ceylon cinnamons, raw sliced almonds, banana & dried raw papaya! Papaya is full of beneficial enzymes that aid digestive health, promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut, not to mention it’s very high in vitamin C, antioxidants & fibre!
One of the many reasons I love overnight oats is because they’re so easy to digest! The whole concept of these oats is that you soak them overnight so that they become creamy & look almost like porridge but more importantly, so that the phytic acid (enzyme inhibitor that makes grains, nuts & seeds hard to digest for some) is neutralized & removed! So you’re killing two birds with one stone: a nutritious breakfast that’s ready the minute you wake up & one that you won’t have trouble digesting!
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup homemade hemp milk
- Splash pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. chaga mushroom powder (Adaptogenic FTW)
- 1/4 red delicious apple, diced
- Add all the ingredients to a glass container or jar & mix until combined. They’ll look a bit watery but that’s normal because they thicken overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, stir, add toppings & enjoy!