I’m all about the coconut lately so it’s only fitting I attempted a coconut flour cracker,plus I find it so hard to find a healthy & good quality cracker these days!
I had to prep the batch twice to really nail the crispy crunchy texture I was looking for but OHMAHGAWD!
They’re nut, soy, gluten, dairy, sugar, grain & egg free, low-carb, delicious, crispy, crunchy, full of fibre & totally customizable with your fave spices!
They contain such minimal ingredients that the prep is basically seamless & they’re perfect for snacking or to use as a side with meals, swap for croutons in salads or bowls or as a base for your fave spreads (hummus, guac, salsa, nut butter or tahini)!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (don’t melt it – I melted it for my first batch & the crackers didn’t come out as crunchy)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary or thyme
- 1/2-1 tsp. garlic or onion powder
- Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- Add the coconut flour, oil, chia seeds & spices to a bowl & mix until incorporated.
- Boil your water & then slowly fold it into the mixture (I did about 1/3 cup at a time) & mix as you go.
- Preheat oven to 375F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the batter onto the baking sheet & flatten it with the back of a spoon or your fingers. The thinner it is, the crispier the crackers, but don’t make it so thin that they’ll break!
- Bake for 25 minutes, until edges are crispy & browned.
- Remove from the oven & let cool before slicing. I refrigerated mine overnight & then cut them the next day to prevent them from breaking.