Yes, I eat quinoa for breakfast & I’m hella proud of it! It’s such a fun way to change things up from our traditional oatmeal breakfasts & a great source of protein, complex carbs & minerals like zinc & magnesium.
I obviously spiced it up with pumpkin spice, raw cacao & maca because let’s be honest, I don’t ever really do plain & topped it off with hemp & chia seeds, clementine & a splash of yacon syrup!
I’m so happy that I re-tried incorporating maca into my life! It turns out the raw maca I’d been using before was just too much for my body to digest & now that I’ve switched over to gelatinized maca, I’m having no issues whatsoever & I feel amazing!!
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. maca
- 1 tsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup plant based milk or half milk, half water
- 1/2 tsp. DIY pumpkin spice
- Add the quinoa, almond milk/water, maca, pumpkin spice & cacao to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed & quinoa is thick & creamy.
- Remove from the heat, add toppings & enjoy!