To be quite honest with you babes on this beautiful Friday afternoon, it would’ve been SO FLIPPIN’ SELFISH for me to keep this recipe from you a minute longer.
I’m not even joking… I’m beyond excited at how well I NAILED it.
Making it is a walk in the park, you need just a few ingredients & a little bit of patience as it bakes & makes your kitchen smell like a bakery on Sunday morning!
It’s delicious, crumbly on the outside & moist, decadent, chocolatey & chewy on the inside, vegan, dairy, grain, gluten & oil-free & made with cassava flour (yes, the reason behind it’s perfect texture is cassava flour made from a root vegetable called yuca!)
I had it for breaky this AM after a wonderful early morning spin class followed by a boot camp! Topped it off with some creamy almond buttah, berries & pumpkin spice!
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup date or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. homemade pumpkin spice or Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Add the ingredients (except the chocolate) to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined. You’ll want to get your hands in there to make sure there’s no flour leftover.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray with coconut oil.
- Press the batter into the loaf & even out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Press a few more chocolate chunks into the top & bake for 35-37 minutes or until a knife comes out clean & top/edges are browned.
- Remove from the oven & let cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy! (Store leftovers in the fridge to preserve freshness)