You guys asked, so I delivered as fast as I could!!!
These babies are indulgent, comforting, full of fibre, healthy fats, antioxidants, magnesium, iron, calcium, delicious, so moist & chewy on the inside, bursting with chocolate flavour, vegan, gluten, grain, oil, egg, dairy, flour, soy & possibly nut free!
Nobody will believe you when you tell them the secret ingredient is avocado! I promise & I like to keep my promises!
They’re so good, even your kids will adore them & they’re SO indulgent, you’ll want them for dessert! I mean… they’re basically brownies in cookie form! Speaking of dessert, you’ve been warned: you might want to double your batch!
Avocado makes for a great substitute for butter, shortening, eggs & oil in baking recipes & adds so much nutrition & antioxidants, not to mention anti-inflammatory fats, skin & hair benefits & a good dose of vitamin C & E.
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder & some extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 flax egg OR 1 egg
- Pinch Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt & some extra for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup crumbled almonds OR vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the nuts/chocolate chips to a mixing bowl & mix until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in the almonds & chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet (I made 7 large cookies) & shape them slightly with the back of a spoon. They’ll spread a bit when baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven even if they look a bit under done – they’ll firm up as they cool!
- Drizzle with sea salt & raw cacao powder as they cool.