I don’t even know where to begin with this deliciousness… I’m stunned at how well it toasts & crisps up without feeling or tasting like cardboard (because let’s be honest, most gluten-free breads do)!
Here’s how I’d sum up this bread:
- homemade with real ingredients & completely unprocessed
- low carb, gluten, grain, egg, dairy, yeast, refined sugar & soy free
- full of healthy fats, anti-inflammatory ingredients, plant protein, fibre & superfoods
- delicious subtle coconut flavour
- easy & simple to make
- meal prep & freezer friendly
- filling & energizing
- texture on fleek
- A MUST MAKE!
PRO TIP: If you want wider slices of bread, I recommend doubling the recipe!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 flax eggs OR 5 regular eggs (each flax egg = 1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp. warm water)
- 2/3 cup millet flour or any other gluten free flour (oat, quinoa, buckwheat)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts (& more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Prepare your flax eggs, if using & let sit for 5-7 min. to gel up. Stir to combine.
- Place all the ingredients (except psyllium & hemp hearts) in a large bowl & mix with your hands until a dough is formed.
- Fold in the psyllium & hemp hearts.
- Press the dough into the loaf pan, using the back of a spoon to press it into the corners & edges. Sprinkle with more hemp hearts.
- Bake for 35 minutes until top & edges are browned.
- Remove from the oven & let cool completely before slicing.
- Refrigerate to preserve freshness or package the slices individually & freeze.