Today’s lunch was so delicious & so simple to make!
I’m all about simplicity lately, but that doesn’t mean I ever compromise flavour!
I was in the mood for some warm sautéed veggies but I knew it wouldn’t be enough protein to refuel after a double workout sesh this AM so I also had a greens & coffee hemp protein shake on the side! So satisfying & an easy way to make sure I got in MORE greens & enough protein!
TO MAKE THE SAUTÉED VEGGIES:
- add 1/2 white onion, chopped fennel, carrots, cabbage, zucchini & cherry tomatoes to a medium skillet, season with turmeric, cayenne, ginger, paprika, sea salt, black pepper & Italian seasoning & 3-4 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- sauté over medium-high heat until veggies are cooked through but still crunchy
- throw in the arugula, spinach & cabbage & sauté for another few minutes until greens are wilted
- remove from the heat, top with raw sliced almonds & a side of hummus or guacamole & enjoy!
FOR THE GREENS & COFFEE SHAKE:
- add a huge handful of spinach, 2 tbsp. hemp protein or other vegan protein powder, splash pure organic vanilla & pinch raw cacao, a few chunks of frozen cauliflower & zucchini, 1 cup freshly brewed coffee & 3/4 cup filtered water to your blender, blend until smooth & enjoy!
- you can also add 1/2 banana for some added sweetness if you prefer!