I had these gluten/free fluffy AF chocolate protein pancakes for breaky this morning & they were fire, so I’m sharing the recipe! ‘Nuff said! P.S. How fitting is it that I had these on Thanksgiving? Let me tell ya, they gave me a heck ton to be thankful for (Insert: I am thankful for delicious food!).
BTW, this is a great base pancake recipe that you can customize to your liking by folding in chocolate chips, berries, more banana chunks, apples, coconut or cacao nibs!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax & 3 tbsp. warm water) OR 1 egg
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein of choice
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp. gluten-free rolled oats
- Coconut oil spray
- Fruit, yacon or maple syrup & Ceylon cinnamon for topping
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until a pancake batter is formed. If you’re throwing in any add ins, fold them in once you have a batter.
- Heat 2 skillets over medium high heat & spray with coconut oil. Once heated, drop 1/4 cup batter & shape with a spatula.
- Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes on one side & then gently flip & cook for another 3 minutes on the other side, until edges & tops are browned & crispy but pancakes are still fluffy!
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Remove from the heat, add toppings & enjoy!