YES YES YES, you’ll want to stop everything you’re doing RN & make these OOEY GOOEY CHEWY BANANA BREAD OATMEAL COOKIES
- full of protein, antioxidants, fibre & healthy fats, these babies are hearty enough to have for a quick breaky on the go!
- vegan, gluten-free, flourless, refined sugar free, full of plant-based deliciousness & so nutritious, but you’d never know it…
- short answer: they’re healthy but they don’t taste like they are!
- thick, ooey gooey, chewy, soft on the inside but crumbly on the outside
- so satisfying & simple to make – just one bowl, 25 minutes & BOOOOM!
- 2 cups GF rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds (flax works too!)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar (add 1/4 cup for sweeter cookies!)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup homemade almond cream (or Greek yogurt or any plant-based yogurt substitute
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup or yacon syrup
- 1/3 cup crumbled cacao butter OR 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients (except chocolate/cacao butter) to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined & incorporated. Fold in the cacao butter/chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp. batter onto the baking sheet & form into a cookie shape, pressing down gently.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until oats are golden brown & tops are crumbly!
- Remove from the oven & let cool before enjoying!
- Refrigerate for optimal freshness!