This was my second attempt at creating the perfect chocolate protein brownie & I have to say… this time, I REALLY nailed it! If you like your brownie fudgy AF on the inside & crumbly on the outside, you’ve met your match!
Loaded with plant-based protein, amino acids, bursting with REAL chocolatey flavour & full of healthy fats, these brownies are sure to hit the spot! Not to mention, they’re full of fibre, vegan, gluten, grain, egg & dairy free!
I kept it chocolate chip free to cut back on sugar because I made it for my dad who’s watching his sugar intake, but you can totally throw in some chips or chunks for even more chocolate flavour!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegan protein (I used Botanica Health perfect protein, chocolate flavour)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 320F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined.
- Press the mixture into the loaf pan & bake for 32-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing. I actually let mine cool off then put it in the fridge overnight & sliced the next day for a more fudgy texture!