Y’all know I’m all about plant protein! And these patties are #GOALS when it comes to protein-rich lunches or dinners!
They’re eggless, made with sprouted breadcrumbs, simple & easy to make & so so yummy!!!
The lentils give them an earthy nutty flavour similar to meat & they have just the right amount of crunch on the outside & tender on the inside! MAKE THEM, seriously.
You can eat them as you would any burger in your fave bun, lettuce wrap or pita bread, chop them into salads or bowls or munch on them as is dipped into some guacamole, salsa or your fave Dijon or ketchup!
- 3 slices sprouted bread (toasted & pulsed in your blender or food procesor into breadcrumbs – you’ll need 3/4 cup)
- 1 & 3/4 cup cooked organic lentils
- 1 flax egg OR 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Few pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. organic avocado oil
- 2 tsp. dried herbs
- Cook the lentils according to package directions.
- Toast the Ezekiel bread until crispy. Add it to your blender or food processor & pulse until breadcrumb consistency.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 tbsp. ground flax & 3 tbsp. water to a small bowl, mix & let sit to gel up for 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the batter into 9 patties & bake for 28-30 minutes, until crispy & tops/bottoms are browned!