These babies are low-sugar, decadent, rich, indulgent, SO EASY to make (like 1-bowl easy), paleo, vegan, grain, gluten, refined sugar, egg & dairy free, crumbly on the outside & moist & chewy on the inside (aka cakey on the outside & fudgy on the inside), SO GOOD & the perfect afternoon snack or dessert (insert: with some homemade nice cream, or vanilla or coconut ice cream!).
My fave way to eat brownies is REFRIGERATE THEM… they become chilled & dense & legit taste like FUDGE!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (add 2 tbsp. flax + 6 tbsp. water, let sit for 5 min. to gel up)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped (or 1/4-1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or chunks)
- Preheat oven to 325F & line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the almond butter, coconut sugar, almond milk & coconut oil to a bowl & mix until combined.
- Add the cacao powder slowly, mixing until it’s thick & looks like chocolate frosting. Add the vanilla, sea salt, flax eggs & mix then gently fold in the almond flour until no flour is leftover.
- Fold in the almonds, press into the baking pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Mine took about 30 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
BTW: I purposely used ingredients that could last a bit longer at room temperature because I tested them out as a snack my dad could take with him on a biz trip! They should last ~1 wk. at room temperature & can be frozen too.