Meal prep this week called for some homemade almond cream & y’all know what that means… I had some leftover almond pulp so I put it to good use to make these little balls of deliciousness!
What’s fun about this recipe is that you can totally customize them to your liking with your fave nut butters & nuts!
They’re scrumptiously chewy, delicious, full of vanilla flavour, refined-sugar free & contain no added sugar except dates, gluten/grain/dairy & soy free & so nutritious!
Not to mention, they make for a perfect pre or post workout refuel or a great snack to get you out of that mid-afternoon energy slump!
- 3/4 cup almond pulp (you can also use almond flour or any other leftover nut pulp)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 5 dates
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter of choice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon (& more for drizzling)
- 1/4 cup raw tigernuts OR any other nut of choice
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until combined. The batter will still be a bit chunky but it should be soft, the ingredients should be combined & you should be able to roll it into a ball.
- Roll into 15-17 balls & place on a plate.
- Refrigerate to allow them to firm up.