Crispy, crunchy, delicious, full of flavour, green, fibre-rich & full of health benefits, asparagus is:
- anti inflammatory
- reduces stomach acidity
- controls blood sugar levels
- supports kidney health
- protects the heart
- relieves PMS symptoms
- high in folate
- relieves bloating & detoxified the body
- promotes regularity
- skin health benefits & rich in antioxidants
- lowers bad cholesterol
- a natural anti-depressant
I don’t know about you guys but sounds like a power veggie to me!
- About 2 large stalks of asparagus, ends chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl, season & toss.
- Roast the asparagus for 15 minutes at 425F then broil on high for 3-4 minutes until crispy!