Ain’t nobody need cheese to make cheese sauce!
This vegan cauliflower sauce is BEYOND DELISH. I swear, you could fool even a cheese lover with it!
It’s smooth, thick, creamy, nutty, tastes just like cheese but contains zero dairy & is full of fibre, healthy fats & plant protein! You want & need it in your life STAT. And if you thought you could never get your kids away from KD, think again!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 portions):
- 1 & 1/3 cup dry gluten-free plant-based pasta of choice (I used Tolerant Foods veggie legume pasta), boiled according to package
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower
- 1.5 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water (& more if needed to thin out) OR unsweetened almond milk
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. turmeric
- Sea salt to taste
- Add-ins of choice: I used cherry tomatoes & mache greens
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Steam the cauliflower by placing it in a skillet covered in water. Bring to a boil & cover to steam for about 5 minutes. This helps make it easier to digest.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to the blender & blend be until combined. Add more water/milk if you want to thin it out.
- Add the pasta back to the skillet with the add-ins & pour the sauce over it. Heat over medium heat for about 2 minutes until combined & warm.