Judging by the creaminess of this soup, you’d never believe it contains no dairy… but it’s actually completely dairy & allergen free! It’s delicious, full of antioxidants, beta-carotene & vitamin A & C, comforting, full of flavour, amazing for digestion & so simple & easy to make!
- 2 white onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Avocado oil spray
- 10-12 carrots, sliced in rounds
- 1.5 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 7 cups water or low-sodium veggie broth (or half of each!)
- Toppings: Hemp hearts, green onion & black pepper
- Add the onions & garlic to a large deep skillet & spray with avocado oil. Sauté over medium-high heat until garlic is fragrant & onions are browned & translucent.
- Add the carrots & sauté for 5-6 minutes until they’re slightly browned.
- Add water or broth & spices, stir & cover.
- Lower heat to medium/medium-low & let simmer for about 20 minutes, until carrots have softened.
- Add the soup to your blender (or use a handheld blender) & blend until smooth & creamy. If you find t too thick, you can add some water, broth or almond milk to thin it out.