Okay, so my dad REALLY likes shawarma so I figured I’d make him something he’d be happy to come home to for dinnah! Daughter duties, right?
These shawarma spiced meatballs are so simple & easy to make yet you’d never know because of how flavourful & delicious they are! In my eyes, the key to nailing the perfect meatball is a crispy roasted outside with a moist & tender inside & these babes are both! Not to mention, they’re full of anti-inflammatory, warm & soothing spices, so healthy, BREADCRUMB, EGG, OIL & GRAIN-FREE & so healthy!
Eat them as is, stuff them into wraps or pita, use them in bowls, chop them into salads or serve them on top of pasta, rice or stir fry!
- 1 package extra lean ground chicken (about 1.2lb or 0.6kg)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1.5 tsp. dried parsley or chives
- OPTIONAL: for spicy meatballs, add 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl & mix until spices are incorporated.
- Roll into 14-16 meatballs & place on the sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, broil on high for 3 minutes to get the outsides crispier! Watch closely so they don’t burn!