This is the reality of what most of my meals look like: I usually use some of the #noms I prepare on the weekend as the main event & then use my imagination to find a way to turn it into a fun, delicious, easy & balanced meal!
I used sprouted green lentils & made a plant-based version of ground beef stuffed lettuce wraps & TBH, everything from the looks to the taste actually reminds me of meat! They’re crispy, crunchy, creamy, full of flavour & tots hit the spot!
BTW, did you know a 1/2 cup serving of lentils provides:
- 12g protein
- 32% RDV of fibre
- 273mg potassium (we’re so preoccupied with reducing sodium consumption that we forget about getting enough potassium, which can actually help counteract the effect of too much sodium, lower blood pressure & maintain electrolyte balance)
- contains the most folate of all plant-based foods (supports red blood cell formation, good for the heart & prevents anemia)
- 15% RDV of iron (supports energy, fights chronic fatigue, boosts oxygen circulation to cells)
- amazing source of manganese (stored in our bones, liver, kidneys & pancreas & helps maintain healthy blood sugar & protects against free radicals)
- 1/2 cup cooked sprouted green lentils
- 1.5 tsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 Boston lettuce wraps (I like to double/triple them to prevent tearing)
Black sesame seeds for topping
- Cook the lentils according to package directions & add them to a bowl with the seasonings.
- Mix & mash!
- Stuff them into lettuce wraps, add toppings of choice & enjoy!