My sissy was feeling under the weather the other & really wanted a Starbucks chai latte but we were both lazy AF to go pick it up! So I made her a healthier version instead & added some manuka honey & oil of oregano to help heal her cold!
We used Tazo organic chai tea (made with just black tea, cardamom, black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cloves & star anise). All the spices are anti-microbial, contain tons of antioxidants & anti-inflammatory properties!
This latte is the definition of froth goals. I mean, who needs Starbucks when your froth looks like a cloud?!
The magical healing ingredients in here are manuka honey & oil of oregano:
- manuka honey contains healing properties not found in other types of honey, which make it extremely effective & even medicinal when it comes to preventing & treating the common cold. It has very potent antibacterial properties & can also help soothe inflammation caused by sore throat & cough or common cold & flu symptoms. It’s a natural immune booster & also supports digestion, respiratory health & provides natural energy.
- oil of oregano is higher in antioxidants than most fruit & veggies & is packed with compounds called phenols; it fights bacterial & fungal infections, inflammation & pain. It also helps with digestion & fights candida & relieves allergy symptoms.
- 1 cup TAZO chai tea, steeped for 5 minutes
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, frothed
- 1 tsp. manuka honey
- 1 dropper oil of oregano
- Steep the tea for about 5 minutes.
- Froth the milk (I used my Nespresso frother)
- Add the milk, tea, manuka honey & oil of oregano to your blender & blend until frothy.
- Top with cinnamon if you wish & enjoy!