I am TOTALLY guilty of not having refuelled enough today after my double sweat sesh this morning.
When I got home from a long day of errands & groceries with my dad, I felt so depleted, weak & HANGRY so I made myself a really simple, delicious & energizing protein shake that really hit the spot! My smoothies are usually a little more packed than this baby but sometimes, when you have a lot on your plate, simple is key!
It’s delicious, creamy, bursting with vanilla flavour, full of greens (but you’d never know), fibre packed & a great way to refuel on protein & amino acids after a sweat!
PRO TIP: Always make sure to add a topping to your smoothies that you can chew! This helps trigger the digestive process – the simple act of chewing sends a signal to the brain that it needs to start processing the food you’re nourishing your body with, whereas if you’re just sipping on a smoothie, it takes longer for your brain & thereby, your body, to realize it’s time to kickstart digestion, which can lead to bloating or other digestive discomfort!
- 1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
- 2 handfuls fresh greens
- 1 scoop Botanica Health perfect protein (sprouted & vanilla flavour!) OR 1 serving Manitoba Harvest unsweetened hemp protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 5-6 chunks steamed then frozen broccoli OR cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: A few sprinkles of raw organic cacao powder (make sure it’s unsweetened!) &/or a small handful of frozen blueberries
- TOPPINGS: Fresh raspberries & homemade DIY pumpkin spice
- Add the smoothie ingredients to your blender, blend until creamy, top with desired toppings & enjoy!