This salad is a perfect illustration of how:
1) a salad can most certainly be a meal if its components are well-balanced &
2) eating plant-based is most certainly not boring & über delish if I do say so myself!
I whipped this baby up for dinner tonight but made a larger batch so we have some leftovers for tomorrow & the rest of the week! That’s actually one of my best meal prep hacks – you’re already in the kitchen, you’re already cooking & making a mess, so why not give yourself a few extra dishes to wash if it means you’ll have healthy food prepped for when you’re too busy to cook?
This salad is satisfying but light, delicious & so nutritious! I served it for dins tonight with sliced avocado & my fave “cheesy” crackers by Nud Fud!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 1/3 cup Prana Bio machu pichu nut, seed & dried fruit blend
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. dried herbs
- Sea salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa & lentils according to package directions.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Prep the other ingredients & add them to a large bowl. Season the salad directly in the bowl & toss to coat.