Omg… if you ever tell me that being plant-based is boring, I might just have to throw this salad in yo’ face! Okay, not actually… but seriously, make this & you’ll never want tuna salad again!!!
The ingredients are so simple, nutritious & delicious & if you meal prep your lentils ahead of time, it takes just minutes to prepare! It’s satisfying, filling & SO creamy, but it’s ALSO vegan, dairy, mayo, oil & egg-free!
You can serve it how I did over a bed of mixed greens (I used mache & arugula), alfalfa sprouts, tomato, radish & dried chives or black sesame seeds or you can stuff it into a sandwich, wrap or pita bread or spread it on rice cakes or crackers!
BTW, mache is type of lettuce that has many health benefits & a delish nutty flavour!
- vitamin C – boosts immunity & collagen formation
- vitamin A (just 1 oz. = 18% RDV in the form of carotenoids) – vital for skin, eye health & strong mucous membranes
- vitamin B6 – vital for healthy metabolism, cognitive health, immunity, repairing damaged connective tissue in skin / gut & prevents toxin build-up & bloating
- good source of iron & potassium, crucial for energy, heart health, regulating blood pressure
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 1/3 cup cooked organic lentils
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp. chipotle kimchi
- Cook your lentils according to package directions.
- Add the lentils & the rest of the ingredients to a small bowl & mash it all together until the spices & ingredients are combined.
- BTW, you can prep a larger batch of this if you want to have some for lunch the next day!