I bet you thought you couldn’t use the words sugar-free & brownie in the same sentence. Well guess what? YOU CAN WITH ME!
I created a grain & sugar-free brownie that’s crumbly AF on the inside but just the right amount of indulgent, chewy & moist on the inside!
I used hazelnut flour but any nut flour would work (almond would be delish too!) & loaded it up with nut butter to create a delicious afternoon snack, pre or post workout fuel & get this, a treat so good that you’ll want it for dessert!
I also used crunchy nut butter to create a chunkier brownie but a creamy one would work just as well! It’s up to you babes!
- 1 cup hazelnut or almond flour
- 2 cups crunchy almond butter
- 4 eggs or 4 flax eggs (combine 1/4 cup ground flax & 3/4 cup warm water in a bowl, stir & let sit to gel up for 5 min.)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 & line a round pie dish or loaf pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Prepare the flax eggs (if using).
- Add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chunks) to a bowl & mix until a batter is formed.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Press the batter into the baking pan & bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is crumbly & a knife comes out clean!
- Let cool completely before slicing!
- Slice into bars, cake slices or mini brownie bites & store in an airtight container to keep them fresh!