Don’t love veggies but want to incorporate more of them into your life? I gotchu!
Here are some ways to make eating veggies a bit easier, even if you don’t love ’em!
- steam zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato or butternut squash, let cool, freeze the chunks individually, store them in a ziploc & throw into smoothies to increase fibre, antioxidants, vitamin & mineral content & cut back on sugar
- prep a batch of roasted veggies so they’re ready when comes the time to add them to meals – if they’re ready to eat, you’ll have no excuse not to
- add dark leafy greens to smoothies – you won’t feel they’re there because the other ingredients overpower them & you’ll get in a few of your daily servings in just 1 meal
- use greens as the base for salads & bowls
- add fresh herbs to recipes from chilies to soups, stir fry, grilled chicken, veggie wraps, sandwiches & lasagnas or casseroles – herbs are amazing for purifying the blood, boosting liver function & detoxifying the body of heavy metals
- add moringa, chlorophyll, marine phytoplankton, spirulina, chlorella, matcha or other green powders to smoothies, oatmeal or baked/raw treats
- swap one of your coffees for a matcha latte – you’ll get the caffeine kick without the crash & tons of antioxidants & energy
- make homemade pesto, guac, tomato spreads or hummus & load them with greens, herbs & avocado
- mash ripe avocado & add it to silicone ice trays to make cubes to throw into smoothies for healthy fats
- make a goal to incorporate some form of veggies into every meal or snack & keep track of it – when you get to the end of the day & see you were successful, you’ll feel great & more motivated to keep at it
- instead of always reaching for sweets in the PM, snack on hummus & raw veggies for a change
- making pasta or a sandwich? sauté onion, greens, peppers or tomato & add it to your meal
There are many simple ways to add more veggies to your life, but the benefits you get from doing this consistently are FAR FROM SIMPLE! It’s a new week & a perfect op for a new habit! Don’t start tomorrow or next week. Start now!