Okay, so there’s no denying that these babies contain a bit more sugar than the usual KITK recipe but #YOLO! Plus, they’re sugar cookies… what do you expect?
The best part about these babies is that at least the sugar is healthy: date sugar FTW! Not only is it a lot lower glycemic than refined sugar, but it also packs a ton of fibre & antioxidants. It’s actually not even real sugar! it’s basically just ground up dates!
I don’t think I need to convince you to make these babes… the pics speak for themselves! But just in case, think crumbly tops & moist & chewy insides!
Let me tell you, they were a hit! I made them just a few hours ago & shared them with tons of friends at the gym & they’re all gone! And when I say all gone, I’m not even exaggerating!
- 1 + 1/4 cup almond butter or PB
- 1 cup date sugar
- 2 eggs OR 2 flax eggs (add 2 tbsp. flax & 6 tbsp. water to a bowl, stir & let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup protein or collagen powder of choice
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined & incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 375 & line 2 baking sheets with aluminum or parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Roll the cookies into balls then gently flatten them on the baking sheet. They’ll spread a bit once baked.
- If you wish, press down on the cookies with a fork to create little marks (aka to make them pretty!!).
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until tops & edges are browned.
- Let them sit for about 10 minutes to cool & firm up a bit more.