Here’s a quick & yummy lunch idea that you can whip up in minutes & customize to your liking!
Make it heartier by throwing in some tofu, tempeh, ground turkey or chicken or go more traditional & throw in some meatballs!
Now that fall is around the corner (YAS, it’s my all-time fave season), I’m craving all things pumpkin, including the seeds!
Pumpkin seeds are an amazing source of plant-based protein & anti-inflammatory fatty acids, not to mention they’re also rich in antioxidants, potassium, B vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium & support liver, heart, immune health, regulate blood sugar levels & fight inflammation & THEY ARE DELISH!
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 medium zucchini (spiralized)
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 cup organic no-sugar added tomato sauce
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds (or pine nuts would work great too)
- If you plan to add meat/chicken/tempeh or tofu, cook it beforehand & set it aside so you can add it in when everything is ready (the veggies don’t take as long to cook so cooking it all together isn’t optimal because the veggies will get soggy!)
- Spray a small skillet with avocado oil & add the cherry tomatoes. Heat over medium-high heat & let the tomatoes sit for about 2 minutes, until they begin to sizzle.
- Sauté for another minute until they’re braised.
- Remove from the heat. Add all the other ingredients except the seeds/nuts to the skillet & heat over medium for about 2 minutes to combine & warm the sauce.
- Remove from the stove, add pumpkin seeds & any other toppings/meatballs/ground chicken/tofu or tempeh of choice & enjoy!