What if I told you you could make a vegan burger that tastes almost like a real deal meat burger?
I bet you wouldn’t believe me… well that’s where this recipe comes in!
Easy, simple, minimal ingredients, nutritious, filling, satisfying & guaranteed to wow anyone & everyone: hubby/wifey, kiddies, you cannot go wrong! Have it for lunch, dinner or… brunch! Yes, that’s how good they are, you’ll hardly be able to wait!
They’re full of plant-protein not only from the rice but also from nutritional yeast & chickpea flour, not to mention the oats that also pack a hella ton of fibre & antioxidants! Eat them as is or stuff them into your fave bun or sandwich bread, go wild with toppings & BAM!
I stuffed mine with Kozlik’s Dill mustard, chipotle kimchi, mashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach, nutritional yeast & freshly ground black pepper!
- 2 cups cooked black rice
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt & black pepper
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax & 6 tbsp. warm water)
- 1 tbsp. organic cold-pressed avocado oil
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Add all the ingredients except flax eggs to a large bowl. Let the flax eggs gel up for 5 min.
- Once your flax eggs are ready, add them to the bowl with the other ingredients & mix until combined.
- You should be able to flatten the batter to form a patty. I made 11 medium ones. Form the batter into patties of your desired size & place on the baking sheet.
- BTW: wet your hands in between each few to prevent sticking!
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes until firm & browned!