OHMYGOODNESS… I was taken to chocolate heaven & back with these babies & you will be too!
The ingredients are simple, minimal, clean & so nutritious, yet you’d NEVER know it!
I loaded them with Brain Octane oil, a pure MCT oil, loaded with anti-inflammatory heart-healthy fats, caprylic acid for anti-bacterial properties & to keep the skin soft I smooth, lowers cholesterol, curbs sugar cravings & regulates blood sugar, prevents muscle loss, protects the brain, builds & boosts metabolism, soothes the gut, provides a good dose of energy, burns fat & promotes weight maintenance!
To lightly sweeten these babes, I used yacon syrup, a low glycemic pre-biotic fibre that’s great for the gut & doesn’t cause spikes & falls in blood sugar!
So get yourself some your fave chocolate & GET ON IT!!! (& thank me later when your kiddies forget that Reese cups were ever a thing!)
- 2 vegan dark-chocolate bars, melted
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Bulletproof Brain Octane oil (divided)
- 1 cup chunky almond butter
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. yacon syrup
- Melt the dark chocolate bars & 1 tbsp. brain octane oil using the double boiler method on your stovetop OR for quicker melting, place in a microwave safe bowl & microwave in 30 second increments until smooth & creamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a mini muffin tin, filling each round about 1/3 way through.
- Freeze to firm up for 20 minutes & set leftover chocolate aside.
- Prep the almond butter layer by combining the almond butter, sea salt, yacon syrup & 2 tbsp. Brain octane in a small skillet until creamy & combined (or use the microwave).
- Remove the tin from the freezer, add the almond butter over each chocolate layer & pour leftover chocolate over the almond butter.
- Freeze again for about 2 hours.
- Pop ‘em out of the tin & enjoy!