Here’s a yummy & nutritious lunch full of probiotics, healthy fats, plant-protein & good carbs, seasoned lightly with lemon, apple cider & a spice party because I’m ME!
A common question I get is “how many times a day should I eat?” & truly, there isn’t a clear-cut answer that works for all.
While I can’t tell you what foods/frequency will work for you without fail, I can share what works for me & why! I like to eat frequent, but smaller meals/snacks VS. just 3 larger meals; I do 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks in between.
- it keeps energy levels sustained throughout the day, regulates blood sugar levels so I don’t get sluggish, promotes focus & prevents brain fog
- it keeps cravings at bay because glucose & insulin production are regulated
- it teaches you portion control
- it keeps me full & digestion in check: my meals always contain good amounts of fibre, so they’re filling, satisfying & provide a pre & probiotics
- it’s less overwhelming mentally & physically than 3 large meals; the way I eat is actually how ED recovery meal plan was structured to avoid situations where I felt too uncomfortable/afraid around big quantities of food; while those fears no longer exist, I realize this way of nourishing my body works best for me for many reasons
- it prevents bloating & indigestion & places less strain on liver & GI tract in the breakdown of macros
- it provides more vitamins & minerals because I eat a variety of food in a day!
This is what works for me & there’s no “right” or “wrong” way to do things. Maybe eating 3 larger meals works for you for other reasons & fits better with your way of life & that’s totally cool! You gotta do YOU!
- 1/4 cup kimchi,
- 1 celery stalk
- Huge handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lupini beans (or other bean of choice)
- 1 organic beet
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 avocado, cut up into cubes
- Add the ingredients to a bowl (except the avocado), season with the dressing ingredients & toss to coat.
- Top with the avocado cubes & enjoy!