In honour of the Jewish new year, I decided to sweeten my roasted carrots instead of spicing them up savoury & oh boy am I glad that I did!
I used just 4 ingredients: prebiotic & low glycemic yacon syrup, anti-inflammatory Ceylon cinnamon, Himalayan pink salt & detoxifying pH-balancing & bloat-relieving apple cider vinegar!
- 1 bag of carrots, peeled & sliced into rounds
- 2-3 tbsp. yacon syrup
- 1.5-2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Peel & cut your carrots, slice them into rounds & add them to a bowl with the other ingredients. Toss to coat & roast them at 425F for 30-35 minutes.
- Once roasted, broil them on high for 3-6 minutes (but watch closely so they don’t burn!).
- Remove from the oven, top with a bit more cinnamon & sea salt!