This dinner is delicious, full of flavour & so nutritious, it hurts! Okay, not actually. But seriously, this is such an easy & simple meal to put together; you need just a few ingredients, a cooked grain of your choice, spice it all up & throw in some tomato sauce to bring it all together & you’re good to go!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated or take forever; it’s actually be even simpler than you think. The trick is to have a variety of veggies on hand, a well-stocked spice drawer, healthy cooking oils & a few staple nuts, seeds, gluten-free grains/other sources of protein available!
If you want to know more about the ingredients I always keep stocked in my kitch, search “staples” on the blog for the post where I break down my essentials, why I ❤️ them & some benefits.
Dinners like these are perf after a long day when you don’t feel like making anything fancy but still want to stay on track! With fall around the corner, stir fry & stew recipes are key!!
- 1/2 white onion
- 1.5 cups fresh kale
- 5-6 mushrooms
- 1/2 bell pepper
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1.5 tbsp. crumbled raw cashews
- 1/4 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Splash apple cider vinegar
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa or your grain of choice. Once it’s cooked, set it aside.
- Add the onion, kale, mushrooms & bell pepper to a skillet & spray with avocado oil. Sauté over medium-high heat until veggies are almost fully cooked through & kale is wilted & bright green.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add all the other ingredients & heat again over medium heat to combine it all.
- Remove from the heat, top with more nutritional yeast & any other toppings of choice (avocado would be great too or some crunchy crackers!).