It’s only fitting that in honour of Rosh Hashanah, your girl made GLUTEN-FREE HONEY CAKE & ohmygod!!!!!
It’s fluffy, delicious, sweet & savoury, refined sugar, egg, dairy & gluten free! You won’t feel like you’re missing out on ANYTHING… yes, that’s how good it is! And you can feel great about eating it!
I’m so excited to share this with you babes on the eve of the holiday because guess what?! You still have time to make it!!! On your marks, get set, GO!
And trust me when I say that even after the holiday, you’ll want every excuse to make this deliciousness!!!!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup organic apple butter or unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- A few punches ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw organic unpasteurized honey (if it’s solid, make sure to melt it first)
- 1/2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 2 flax eggs (combine 1/8 cup ground flaxseed & 6 tbsp. warm water & let sit to gel up for 5 min.)
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a pie dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly grease it with coconut oil.
- Prepare your flax eggs.
- Once the flax eggs are ready, add all the ingredients to a large bowl & mix until a uniform batter is made.
- Pour the batter into the pie dish & place in the oven. Make sure to spray the aluminium or parchment paper with some coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Then, lower the heat to 300F & bake for 43-45 minutes, until tops are cracked & browned & a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store leftovers at room temperature sealed in an airtight container or refrigerate for optimal freshness!