Here’s a super easy way to get creative & make use of your leftover nut pulp!
These bites are FULL & I mean, FULL of nutritious ingredients from healthy fats & anti-inflammatory nuts to seeds to fibre & protein-packed oats to natural sweetness from antioxidants-rich pure maple syrup to raw cacao powder for magnesium, calcium & iron & a little caffeine kick! You cannot go wrong!
They’re indulgent, chocolatey, smooth, chewy, delicious & so satisfying! They remind me of chocolate truffles: just as satisfying but more nutritious!
You can customize them to suit your tastebuds or based on the ingredients you have on hand! The best part is, they’re made in just ONE BOWL in just 5 MINUTES. NO BAKING NECESSARY!
- 1/2 cup & 2 tbsp. gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter
- 3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds of choice (I used pumpkin & sesame)
- 1 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup leftover nut pulp (or nut flour)
- 2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. ground coffee
- Add all the ingredients except the seeds & hemp hearts to a bowl. Mix with your hands until a batter is formed. It will be a bit sticky but it shouldn’t be so sticky that you can’t roll a ball. If it is, add in a bit more oats, flour or cacao powder until texture is perfect.
- Fold in the seeds & hemp hearts.
- Shape into 16 balls & place on a plate.
- Refrigerate them to firm up.
- ENJOY! 🙂