What to do when you have leftover chickpeas?! Make CHICKPEA ALMOND FLOUR COOKIE DOUGH MUFFINS!
These aren’t just regular muffins. These are protein & fibre-packed deliciously crumbly on the outside & soft + chewy on the inside muffins! They’re mouthwatering. Seriously.
And as if the texture isn’t enough, they’re bursting with indulgent chocolate chunks & they’re guaranteed to curb a sugar craving, satisfy your kiddies & provide you with a great on the go breaky with a fruit & some nut butter for those rushed mornings where you still want to stay on track!
What’s great is I made them at 10:30pm, eyes half closed so they’re super easy & simple to make!
- 1 + 1/4 cup mashed organic chickpeas
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 vegan dark chocolate bar, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 1 + 1/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a 12-muffin tin with parchment liners or spray with coconut oil if you’re not using liners.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl & mix until a batter is formed.
- Portion the batter into the muffin tin, filling the liners about 2/3 way through. Top with extra chocolate chunks/chips & sea salt if you want!
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a knife comes out clean & tops are browned & crumbly.