Here’s a great way to save your greens when they’re nearing the end of their life span (you can also freeze them for smoothies or stir-fry but I personally die over the flavour & texture of crispy sautéed greens so I definitely suggest you try this easy recipe!
Plus, it never hurts to have ready made greens in the fridge to throw into anything from bowls to salads to wraps, toasts, sandwiches, egg white frittatas, or to munch on for snacks! You can NEVER go wrong adding all the vitamins, minerals + nutrients to amp up your meals – I’m talking plant protein, fibre, chlorophyll, vitamin C, K, E + A, iron, potassium… the list goes on! Don’t underestimate the power of plants. Seriously.
- 1 box fresh spinach
- 4 cups fresh kale
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic red wine vinegar
- Herbamare organic sea salt blend + black pepper
- Add the greens & seasonings to a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat + toss to coat.
- Sauté for about 3-5 minutes; until greens are wilted + cooked but still crispy!