Here’s YET ANOTHER BREAKY GOALS!
Chaga is a medicinal mushroom & adaptogen with many health benefits ranging from boosting endurance/stamina/energy, helping regulate mood, fighting adrenal fatigue, changing the body’s hormonal response to stress & anxiety, boosting immunity, fighting off disease-threatening free radicals & healing the skin from the inside out.
What’s great about chaga is that it has a nutty flavour, but also reminds me a bit of cacao so it blends super well in oats, chia pudding, smoothies & baked or raw treats! I also added in some flaxseed for anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids, plant protein, more fibre + hormonal health (because let’s be honest, us ladies can always use an extra boost in that department #amiright?)
This breaky is filling, satisfying, delicious, creamy, comforting & bursting with naturally sweet vanilla flavour! It makes for a great pre or post workout refuel because of all the good carbs, amino acids & plant-derived protein, which help with recovery & muscle building.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup homemade hemp milk
- 1/3 cup water
- Splash pure organic maple syrup
- 1 small plum
- Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed (flaxseed needs to be ground because the grinding releases
- the beneficial oils)
- 1/2 scoop Botanica Vanilla Perfect Protein
- Topped with wild blueberries + more cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a glass container & mix until combined. It will look a bit liquidy but it’ll thicken overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, stir, add toppings & enjoy!