HAPPY LABOUR DAY WEEKEND BABES!
Nothing like waking up to a plate of breakfast THIS gorgeous + delicious. Okay fine, I didn’t wake up to it, but it’s so simple + easy to make, you’d think I did!
You need just a few simple ingredients to create this perfectly balanced LEGENDARY breakfast full of fibre, healthy fats, antioxidants, protein, sprouted grains + good carbs!
If I had to describe it in a few words:
- Crispy outsides.
- Moist, chewy, decadent + naturally maple-y sweet insides.
- Bursting with vanilla flavour.
- Full of gut-healing skin-glowing anti-inflammatory chia seeds.
- Toppings are left to your imagination!
I mean… you CANNOT go wrong with this! The pics speak for themselves… it’s orgasmic. But if you trust me even just a bit, let me add some fuel to the fire: you’ll never make dairy + egg-based French toast again.
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread or gluten-free bread of choice
- 1/2-1 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1 heaping tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Ceylon cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp. vegan vanilla protein (or use collagen or other superfood/adaptogen powders
- Coconut oil spray
- TOPPINGS: Berries, banana, coconut, cacao nibs, choco chips, chia/flax/hemp seeds, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, etc!
- Add the bread mixture ingredients to a deep bowl & whisk until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat + spray with coconut oil.
- Dip the bread in the mixture, making sure it’s coated on both sides. Place it in the skillet + repeat for the other slices.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, pressing down gently on the slices every now & then with a spatula.
- Gently flip the French toast over when you see the sides start to crisp up + brown.
- Cook on the flip side for another 2-3 minutes (you might need to add a bit more oil or reduce the heat slightly).
- Remove from heat, add toppings + enjoy!